Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bath & Body Works Deals and New Movies

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day weekend filled with chocolate, flowers, stuffed animals and oh yea... lots and lots of LOVE!

Hubby and I were able to sneak out to a movie together since the in-laws were nice enough to come up for a visit and babysit - thanks! We saw Confessions Of A Shopaholic. It was SO cute and I really enjoyed it. A definite chick flick but that's what Valentine's Day is all about - dragging your man to a girlie movie and eating lots of popcorn together! Both of the leading characters in it were just adorable and had great chemistry together. I'm a little too lazy to do a real review tonight but trust me, it was cute! lol Oh and Hugh Dancy??? Yum!

We did some shopping before the movie and I found some great sales at Bath & Body Works. They had a whole section of lotions, body wash, body splash, etc that were 75% off! I picked up a couple bottles of Midnight Pomegranate just because I had never used that scent before and the tester smelled SO good. Turns out the only reason they're on sale is because they decided to change the style of the bottle. So right next to the ones on sale were the regularly priced, new bottles for $10.50 each. Mine were marked $9.50 and after they took off 75% they came to about $2.50 each! I'll glady take the old bottle for that price. I was just glad it wasn't being discontinued. Every time I find a scent I like, they stop making it. (Yes, I'm talking to you Yankee Candle who stopped making LAVENDER candles!!!)

We also watched a newly purchased dvd tonight, one we missed at the theaters, Baby Momma. It was pretty funny and I was really happy with the ending and how they wrote it all out - even if it was a little predictable. The previews really made it look like a foul, raunchy kind of movie but it wasn't at all. It had a good moral, happy ending, yadda yadda. I liked it. Of course I like Tina Fey so maybe I'm partial.

Anyway, that's all my reporting for today! Hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. I'm off to check out some blogs now. :)

4 comments:

  1. The movie "Confessions of a shopaholic' sounds interesting and I'm definitely gonna check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun Valentine's Day!! I haven't seen the Shopaholic movie yet but everytime we see the previews my daughter screams when she sees Hugh Dancy and says, "There's Prince Char from Ella Enchanted"!!

    I may have to go check out the sale at Bath and Body Works...love that store!! The cucumber/melon lotions are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to see the shopping movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it sad that I knew him as Prince Char too? lol! I watch too many movies.

    I think the cucumber scent might have been one on sale too! :)

    ReplyDelete